October 14, 2009

I Just Love Shopping

I went shopping with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty for a few minutes last night. Well, it was supposed to be for a few minutes. It took forever. And we didn't even buy anything.

Somehow, I have no idea how to even guess what an acceptable hoodie looks like. Aren't they all pretty much the same? I would find one that looked exactly like what Cinderella would like, and she found something wrong with it. Something wrong with every. single. one. at the mall. What was wrong with them? Well...
  • too blue
  • sleeves too puffy
  • too biggish
  • sleeves too tight
  • sleeves too long
  • too gray
  • not blue enough
  • too short
  • ugly zipper
  • too girly
  • weird zipper pull thing
  • looks like a boy
  • too soft
  • looks too shiny
  • hood is huge
  • just really ugly
I had no idea they were really all that different. And I have no idea how we will ever find one that is acceptable. The good news is she needs shoes, too. Can't wait to see how that trip goes.

On a totally different note, don't you think it would be fun to spend a few hours with my darling girls? Call me if you'd like to take them somewhere. Maybe the mall or Payless Shoes or something? It could be really fun for you. First come, first serve. Better move quickly. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That's really all I can say. It really is a shame that I'm not closer to help out. (Oh wait, it's not.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess took the words right out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could say shopping gets easier...and it's sad when the joy of buying them something as a gift is eaten up in the complaints of the past and we're lowered to giving gift cards and money because our taste will never ever ever be right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though, and in spite of, I'd still love to be close enough to take them. . . oh wait, I'm having visions of trying to buy Snow White a toothbrush that would fit into the new holder that I bought them! Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops! Sorry Snow White, it was Sleeping Beauty and the toothbrush. Don't dare make waves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails