October 11, 2009

Rock-A-Bye

Steph, over at Diapers and Divinity, is hosting a poetry contest of sorts this week. Well, actually last week. I meant to write this post about five days ago; it just hasn't been that kind of week. So, I suppose you probably have a few hours to enter, but you can definitely vote next week when Steph picks the finalists. I was lucky enough to win this fabulous button with a previous entry, which I explained a little here.I suppose I will let it sit on my sidebar for a while, since there are not that many chances for me to bask in glory. :)

Anyway, since the contest this time is for a lullaby, and my girls have outgrown lullabies, I decided to set to "Rock-a-bye Baby" the words I say nearly every night to my girls. (If the singing has desirable effects, I am making 'practice your piano' and 'do your homework' verses.)

Rock-a-bye, ladies,
It’s time to stop
Whispering and giggling;
This is your last shot.
If I hear you later,
The other shoe falls,
And you’ll sleep in the pantry-
Cement floor and all!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Clever, as always.
    I think you need to leave that little button up on your sidebar forever, it goes so well with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can I borrow it to sing at my house?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails