September 16, 2009

Happy National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week!

I feel like I am behind in so many ways. Last week was a rough week. Ever have one of those days where you feel like you are digging yourself out of a bottomless pit? Well, that was Friday for me, and luckily, I have friends that decided to help me dig out so my husband didn't have to. Just can't even tell you how great they are. So, anyway, lousy week, and then I worked on Monday (not my best idea ever, but I'll just blame it on the medication...or something.) Yesterday was a busy day, but today I have to stay home, so I am getting a lot done.

And why do I have to stay home, you ask? Well, our kitchen sink has decided to have a mind of it's own and likes to spit things back at us like a mini smelly volcano. The plumber is cleaning our pipes out as I type. Yet another day when I wish I lived near my incredibly smart and useful brothers who have awesome tools and fabulous skills.

So, I have been meaning to post about something you may or may not be interested in for some time. But, I'm behind, so I'm finally getting to it, three days late. This week is National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. Never heard of it? Yeah, me either. But I occasionally check in on the blog of Lisa Copen, founder of Rest Ministries, a place for Christian support for the chronically ill, and I found out about it. To celebrate this week (because who doesn't want to celebrate chronic illness, right?) they are hosting a conference on blog talk radio with an interesting variety of topics. If you know someone who deals with a chronic illness, or know someone who has one (besides me, of course) you may want to listen, here. They even have cheesy elevator music, which is fantastic. But really, there is some good information.

And, now, if you'll excuse me, I finally have running water in my kitchen and it seems that headaches are not the only chronic thing going on around here. Shouldn't someone invent a way to avoid ever having dirty dishes?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this info. I'm passing it to my sweet cousin in Arizona who has suffered pain for years and years. Hope yours is gone soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails