September 17, 2009

Swimming in the Black Hole

Yesterday I signed Sleeping Beauty up for swimming lessons. We decided it was time to quit tap (sad, sad day) because SB had reached the point where she would have to compete with her team on Sundays--and we want our Sundays to be rest days with the family and days of worship, not days of make up, hairspray, glitter, and dancing. So, she's done tapping. And we wanted her to have something else she enjoyed. So swimming is the new thing. The goal is to join a local swim team soon and have lots of swimming laps for hours a week. Doesn't that sound great? Well, it sounds awful to me, but SB will love it.

Speaking of swimming, have you seen Cinderella's swimming suit? I spent a small fortune on a swimming suit for her that not only covered her torso, but also didn't ride up and pull down in the wrong places, and it is now MIA. No where to be found. She wore it one Saturday on a daddy/daughter swim date, came home and showered, and that was the last time we saw it. Crazy. It must be with my workout shorts (not that I've needed them) I bought months ago and have not seen since. Does every house have a black hole like mine? And, does it take teenagers? ;) (I'm kidding--I love my almost teenager more than anything. But, it might be easier (for all of us) if she were swallowed up by a black hole for a few years. I'm just sayin'...)

4 comments:

  1. Denise9/17/2009

    Do you mean the black hole under my couch, where the stair attachment to my vacuum hid for several months? I do dust under there, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that darn black hole!

    it is currently holding 2 combs

    and book 4, 9, 12, and 13 in our scholastic readers set.

    DARN BLACK HOLE!!!

    hope the swimming goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you do find the black hole, let me know because I have a few portable phones, wallets, and a thousand socks that are probably in there, too.

    And a pat on the back for making a "hobby" switch where many other people would justify sticking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto Steph on the change!
    I'm amazed we still lose stuff (all the time), I would think that hole would fill up eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails