November 11, 2009

Busy Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day. I cannot believe it has been a year since the last one. That was a crazy day. Today will be a busy day, too.

For lunch, I will be joining Cinderella. It's not very often your Middle School-er asks you to come have lunch with her. And, even though I know it's mostly because if I am there, she can go to the book fair sale, I'm excited to join her. I've promised to buy her The Hunger Games, so I hope they have a copy left.

Sleeping Beauty and Snow White are participating in the Veterans Day program at their school. They are singing with the choir, and with their fifth grade class, and SW has the same solo she did last year, the Marine Corps song. They are excited, and I look forward to being there with them. It's always an impressive program, and their (former) teacher, Mrs. S, works so hard on it. She's fabulous. It is a nice way to remember all those who have and are serving us by serving their country. Thanks Veterans!!

Then, tonight is Young Women in Excellence. I get to take a couple of minutes to talk about the work Cinderella has done this year on her Personal Progress, and, while it's nice to be given a couple of minutes to brag about my daughter, it's very hard to sum up in a couple of minutes what a wonderful girl she is. She has worked very hard this year, and has passed off one of her values, and is well on her way to pass off a second. She has some great YW leaders and loves being in the Young Women Program.

So, I must sign off and actually take a shower. Yes, it is only 11:00 in the morning. I start moving early on some days. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh it all sounds so wonderful! I so wish I could be there to hear it all and to brag on that super Cinderella! I hope it goes/went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ways to commemorate this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I remember that cute program from last year. I'm crossing my fingers that there were no more cracked teeth:) I'm sure the girls did a great job. Give them a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails