November 19, 2009

Get A Clue

This morning Sleeping Beauty and Snow White woke up sounding like frogs. Or barking cows. Or something that sounds sick. King told them to go back to bed. (I think he was just relieved to not have to drive them to 7:15 AM choir practice.) I told them to get dressed. If they were staying home, they were going to the doctor. I suspected SB had a sinus infection, and, unfortunately, I knew from recent sinus experience how much better she'd feel if she got started on an antibiotic soon. I figured SW was along for the ride, so we'd check her out, too. Likely she would need meds by tomorrow anyway. Might as well go to the doctor only four times this week, instead of five.

So, we went. And the girls are fine. Yes, they have colds. Yes, they are miserable. But, no infections or fevers. I told them they were staying home anyway. No sense in sharing their colds and being at school when they feel miserable.

But I'm starting to think that maybe they don't feel so bad. My first clue: When I told them they could watch a movie once they got their homework done, they decided to play Dance, Dance Revolution instead.

2 comments:

  1. You know laughter is the best medicine...so I should be good for the day - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear children. Maybe it was a 24 minute cold?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails