November 4, 2009

What's Up

I apologize for my scarcity in the blog arena this past week--we've had a few busy days. And, when I have busy days, I have to use my "good" hours wisely. Blogging just hasn't been in the cards lately.

We had a fun, crazy Halloween, almost like this one, but with a mouse, a witch, and a marathon runner. I can assure you they were cute, but cannot show you, as King reconfigured the computer that was painfully slow, and we haven't put the pictures back on yet.

I was really, really good at doing my diet through October. Really, I never cheated. There was absolutely no difference in the frequency or severity of my headaches, so I slowly introduced new things. Still the same. So, the diet is over. The good news: I now know it's not food that is doing this to me. Also, I lost five pounds, which we all know pretty much means that the only difference is that my bra is looser. But, it still was nice to knock off a bit of that irritating medication-induced weight gain.

Also, yesterday I found out that my insurance denied Botox for treating my incessant migraines. They won't pay for it. Now, we have the fortunate opportunity to start an appeal process and maybe even file civil action. Yee-haw!! Won't that be fun?

Today I went on a field trip with the twinners. We went to the Art Museum and the Archeology Department at the University. Very informative and the kids had a good time. I managed to survive the chaos of lunch in the atrium, but will now head off to take a nap so I can make it to our evening activities.

Here's hoping it's not another week before I get to blogging again. I'm sure I have more to tell you, but I can't really think of any of it now...

3 comments:

  1. It is unbelievable that with all the "stuff" that is allowed by insurance companies, that you can't find some relief for your pain. I am angry and disappointed! Sorry to vent, but I was really hoping and I don't even have headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed for you. You were so good at being good with your eating! Fighting to get the botoc sounds like a headach inducing activity - don't they know that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so rotten. I'm sorry they are fighting you on this. Unfortunately, it is often the case that the insurance company tells the doctors what they can do instead of the doctors telling the insurance company what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails