November 30, 2009

Things That Tickled Me This Weekend

1. My girls making homemade pie crust all by themselves. And helping a lot in making the filling for those pies. I'm pretty sure I bought crust until I got brave about five years ago and started making my own. They are definitely ahead of the game on this one.

2. When Cinderella said, "I think I will have only pie for every meal until it is all gone." A girl after my own heart.

3. Eating Thanksgiving dinner with good friends and my little family...and pie with many friends at the church. I think there were eleven pies there. Variety is the spice of life. Yum.

4. Sleeping Beauty limiting her Thanksgiving meal to three items: Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, and Rolls. Silly girl. She wouldn't touch a turkey with a ten foot pole.

5. Hearing Snow White say, "I'm turning into being like Aunt Emily. I need hairspray in my hair when I have a ponytail now." She loves Emily so much, I don't dare break it to her that this is sort of an adolescent thing that everyone eventually does.

6. Snuggling a newborn baby for not one, but two lucky evenings. So cute. So tiny. Mmmmmm.

7. Eating a delicious bagel with great company way too early in the morning when out Black Friday shopping. (We decided to sleep in three hours after the first store we wanted to go to opened--which turned out to be a mistake. But, we had a delightful time anyway.)

8. Being at Kohls when all of the power in the town went out was pretty exciting, too.

9. The kids getting on the bus this morning to return to school. Yes, I adore having them home with me, but a reprieve from the elevated decibels in the house will be a welcome thing. They have two switches, "High volume disagreeing" and "High volume squeeling with glee" and I have two switches, "Mild headache" and "Pounding headache". Sometimes our switches don't really mesh for long periods of time.

10. Falling asleep on the couch listening to my girls sing Christmas music, and waking up to a tree that was up, decorated, and twinkling lights strung all over the room. The girls went for a "natural look" this year, which included only one kind of ornament on the tree and a mass of lights in the room that sort of makes it look like a rainbow got sick in there. Not my usual fare, but I guess if I take a nap during the work, I can't really complain.

11. Watching the girls make up dances to Christmas CDs that have been put away for eleven months. (It reminded me of making up dances and plays with my cousins when I was a girl. It's a blessing to have my girls be close to the same age, especially since we live far away from cousins.) Unfortunately, they deemed all of their dances "not ready for performance" so the show was put off until further notice.

12. (I can't think of anything else, but I don't like odd numbers. It took a lot of constraint to not erase one of these to make it an even ten. So I settled for adding a twelve. But can't think of anything to say. So then I just typed this nonsense because I really don't like odd numbers.)
(....Yes, I have had my medication this morning....Why do you ask?)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see pictures of the tree. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and our pies are almost gone and I want more. Bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails