December 10, 2009

Brain Freeze

The past few days have been rough.  There were some nice things, like my friend bringing me dinner, meeting friends for a doughnut, and peppermint ice cream.  For the rest, let's just say, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

So, yesterday I finally got around to running some errands.  And I am so bugged thrilled I picked yesterday, because it was freezing, windy, raining, sleeting, hailing, snowing, blizzarding the whole time I was out.  I think the highlight may have been when the gusting wind took my debit card from my hand when buying gas and made me chase it across the parking lot.  However, it was also fun when I ran into Target and six (I am not kidding--six!) people were conveniently standing right in front of the door smoking, so I had to push my way through them to get out of the sleet.  So I got to wash my coat when I got home, too.

But, the very best part for sure was going to the doctor.  (You know, because I haven't done much of that this year at all.)  I saw the allergist to get refills on my allergy medications.  So, actually pretty harmless, really.  The nurse was asking what medications I take daily, and for me, the list was surprisingly short.

"Well, just my allergy medicine now and then just Lamasil."

"Lamisil?" she asked.

"Yes, a seizure medicine to try to help my migraines."

"What is it?"

"Lamisil.  L-A-M-I-S-wait, no, not S, it's C, or..."

"Is it called Lamictal?"

"Oh, yes!" I remembered, "That's what it's called."

"I thought so, because, Lamisil is for foot fungus.  I didn't think that would help your headaches much," she laughed.

I laughed, but then wondered if I should try it.  You never know.  I've tried everything else.

She actually laughed for a while.  A really long time.  I think maybe her husband and kids heard about me last night.

   

2 comments:

  1. My husband uses lamisil regulary. Maybe that explains why he never gets headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her family totally heard about you...I tell stories just like that to my husband ALL THE TIME!! (my patients are a lot older than you though, and much more senile, which makes them freaking hilarious!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails