December 2, 2009

Two Things

1. You know the whole "Melts in your mouth, but not in your hands" thing? Yeah, well they never said anything about what it does in the clothes dryer. But, not to worry, I can tell you. Melts. All over everything. So, avoid that, is my advice.2. Took the girls to the dentist this morning. And they said, "Uh...your appointment is tomorrow." Nice. Explain that to the school..."Well, she wasn't in school this morning so we could go to the dentist. But really, we're actually going to the dentist tomorrow, so she'll miss class again tomorrow, too. Sorry. My fault. (Yes, I'm a big fat dork, and now everyone in the school knows it.)"

Oh, and what do the girls think? Here's what one thinks, "Aw, man! You mean, I brushed my teeth good for nothin'?!"

Yes, except you're supposed to do that EVERY MORNING!

Sheesh.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no. Chocolate mess on the clothes. Not a pretty sight, for sure. You would be surprized how many people get the days of appointments wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense, but I think dork must be in the family blood. Because we need to blame it on something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/02/2009

    I'm sure your kids don't mind being taken out of class twice for dentist's appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. This post totally has me rolling on the floor.

    M&Ms in the dryer? Holy crap!! I just can't wait for that one...

    I totally went to my baby's doctor's appointment at 3 in the afternoon instead of 10 because I was sure I was taking him to the doctor (and I worked that day, so naturally, I wouldn't be able to go until the afternoon) instead of my husband. Turns out I was wrong and I'm sure the receptionist totally thought I was lame. I'm grateful she took pity on me and let us see the doctor anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a mom can be so tiresome. Here, have a nice m & m!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog today. You are so funny! I'm sorry to hear about your chronic condition. I haven't read to find out exactly what it is, but it must have something to do with migraines. I feel for you on that front. Anyway, just stopped in to say hello and that I enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails