December 17, 2009

Report

(If you care.  And if you don't, I don't mind.  Skip this post.)

Botox was weird.  And way more poking than I thought.  It wasn't that bad, but sticking a big needle into my skull where for about 10 straight days I've felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife was not so fun.  That was the worst.  It is supposed to really start working in 4-14 days, and peak at 6 weeks, and diminish by 12.  I look the same. (Dang.) :)  But he said about the time that my forehead feels tight and my forehead frown lines look a tiny less prominent (yay), that will be when I should notice the most head improvement. We're hoping the working soon part will break my headache cycle enough that my daily meds can keep more pain away, and that it may last longer than 12 weeks.  We'll see.  I'm tired.  It was a long day and I, of course, have a bad headache and now 27 or something tender injection sites all over my head.  And I'm paranoid about touching my face because he said if I move the unsettled bubbles of Botox too close to the nerves on my outer eye, my eye will sag.  Creepy.  That's supposed to be a non-issue after a few hours though, and no sagging yet.  At least in my eyes...my post-nursing chest is a different....never mind. 

We went to Cheesecake Factory, after, to nurse my wounds.  The cheesecake helped.  Yum.

Scott gave me a Priesthood Blessing beforehand.  I feel at peace about whatever happens.  I know that I am not the one in charge here, and I'm okay with that.  Sure, there are hard and painful days, but I am very blessed.  So many other people I know are dealing with much harder things.  I love the reassurance of the Lord's love, direction and blessing in my life that I receive constantly.  I really don't know what I'd do without it.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
     

3 comments:

  1. We're glad you were able to finally get Botox. We hope it helps. Good luck! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the news. You have a great attitude. We all hope and pray that it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite scripture. I hope this works for you. Really do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails