December 15, 2009

It's On

I now have an appointment for Botox treatment for my migraines.  Thursday morning.  We haven't heard from our insurance company yet on whether they will cover the cost, but are going ahead with it.  If they do eventually approve our appeal, then they will pay retrospectively, and if they don't, then I have the most generous, nicest, fabulous, super-duper friend who has offered to help us with the exorbitant cost.  (I have an inkling of a suspicion that she is tired of hearing me complain, and since she can afford it, she's going to see if this will shut me up. :)  I'm joking.  She's really just the best friend ever, who knows this has been the longest, most tiring year, and wants me to get through all of the treatment options I have to see if it will work.  Isn't she the best?)

So, if you see me on Friday and I look surprised to see you or seem like I'm staring wide-eyed, it's really not that, it's because of the Botox.  Wish me luck!--And a little prayer might be good, too.  It would be nice if this very last treatment they can think to try for me would actually work.  Very, very nice.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! If it doesn't work, try to look surprised. (couldn't help myself.) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I hope this works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying extra hard on Thursday, and, yes, your friend is the greatest. Thank you friend for doing what others would like to do but can't right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I hope this helps! I am sure your headaches have been debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Wish I could see you on Friday:) Hooray for wonderful friends. We'll be praying for you at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/16/2009

    I've been wanting to try Botox for a while now, but not for migraines, just for vanity's sake. I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my prayers! I'll keep my fingers crossed (until they cramp) and poor salt over my shoulder, whatever it takes for this to work. I'm thinking I may need an excuse to come by and see you Friday...with a camera...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails