December 18, 2009

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-LA

" 'Tis the season to be jolly", and that is my goal this next week.  I had a sit-down with the girls.  Basically, it went like this:

"I love, love, love having you at home with me and not in school.  Let's make sugar cookies, and candy, and popcorn, and cards, sleep in, watch movies, play games, and do crafts.  I will try my very, very best to have some fun and be patient, even if I feel yucky, but you have to try to do something, too."

"I knew it," said one.

"Of course," moaned another.

"Prob'ly clean up stuff," said the other, with an eye roll for my added pleasure.

"Well, cleaning would be good.  But, really, I want you to get along.  Please ignore the sarcastic comments and the jabbing.  Please don't yell and be loud and fight.  Be pleasant and loving and get along. And don't fight."

"Fine," said one.

"Whatever," said another.
 
"She won't," mumbled the other. 

"Yes, I will!  You won't!" said one. 

"I will too!" said another.

"Whatever!" said the other. 

"Just leave me alone!," said (yelled) one.

Well, you get the point.  It could be a long, jolly week.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't no fighting always a parents wish? Always? I fondly remember my mother asking for us to be kind to each other. Just. For. One. Day. Ummm. It didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that one day they'll call each other on the phone every day and be best friends for life. :)
    But I hope you have a great time in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's freaky to me how much like my sons your girls sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails