April 22, 2009

Bemused Brother

Yesterday was my baby brother's birthday. I called him to wish him a happy day, and talked to him for a little bit. I shouldn't really call him my baby brother, since he is twenty-three, and his wife is expecting their first baby in a few weeks. We talked about the baby and the way his life will change. We talked about the new mommy, and the new crib. Since we live nearly two thousand miles away from them, I requested he email me a picture of the mom-to-be and the newly remodeled nursery.

"Okay," says he, "Text me your email address."

"It's (blah, blah, blah)" says I.

"I'm driving, just text me."

"Well, I don't have text on my phone."

Silence.

And then, "Uh, what year is it again?"

"I know! It's 2009! But I don't have anyone to text."

"Except me, apparently," he laughs.

Well, that's a very good point.

5 comments:

  1. Blake and I don't text either, and my family assured me a few weeks ago that we were waaaaay behind the times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't text either, despite Scrappy's protests :)
    I guess I'll get texting when my brother gets a cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this texting? It's as close as I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I text all the time! I can get and send messages while I'm at work...and Sal is at work...it's awesome! BUT I didn't text for a long time and I lived. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brothers tease me about not texting all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails