April 21, 2009

Time Travel Tuesday--A Day at Grandma's

Cue deep, important, echoing voice..."Ladies and Gentlemen, today we go back a bit in the past and bring you our first ever "Time Travel Tuesday". (I know it's a pretty clever way of posting something that happened a bit ago, but I stole the idea, from my sister.) As part of this time traveling experience, you will be seeing pictures that have not been edited, and details that have been cut down to fit. The author of this blog is not responsible for any bouts of dizziness or nausea during time travel."

On Spring Break a few weeks ago, we stuck around here and did some fun things. We spent time with friends a few of the days, Cinderella sewed, and on Friday, we spent a day at Grandma's house. Not our grandma's house, they both live too far away, but a grandma's house nonetheless. Our friends invited us to go to their grandparent's house and be "workers", filling eggs for their super duper egg hunt they do every Easter. We were excited to help, and spent the day with them. We filled about eight hundred eggs. You think I exaggerate, but, I do not. I personally counted several of them as they were filled, and I assure you, there really were more than eight hundred.The girls made quick work of filling the eggs, and even had time for some chips, drinks, and Goldfish crackers. What's a trip to Grandma's house without a little junk food?It was a beautiful Spring day, and the girls eventually made their way outside. The favorite mode of transportation was the car, but in an effort to pay it's riders back for repeatedly running it into the fence, it's battery died. Then, they switched to scooters. Eventually, even scootering took too much energy, so they started using Grandpa's thing-you-roll-around-to-fix-the-car (I know it must have a real name, I just don't know it.) They loved pulling each other around on this thing. It nearly gave Grandma a heart attack, though. She was so afraid someone would get hurt. They also got in some coloring with sidewalk chalk. They had so much fun, my girls decided we needed to "adopt" them as extra grandparents. I'm okay with this, but haven't really figured out how to break it to this nice couple. I guess they'll probably figure it out on Friday when I drop all of the girls off with their sleeping bags and pillows for a sleepover.

Cue announcer voice..."This now concludes our travel back in time. Please watch your head as you exit the DeLorean. Thanks, and have a nice day."

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! And I love the "Time Travel Tuesday" idea. I may have to borrow it myself sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Next time maybe we could travel back a little farther than a few weeks.

    Wow! 800 eggs. That is amazing.

    Why don't you leave the kids with their new granparents and come visit me? They won't mind, will they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/23/2009

    That was such a great recap...I feel like I was there. Oh, wait, I was there :)

    What a fun day! I'm sure my p's would love to be adoptive grandparents. As long as my mom's new heart valve doesn't blow from the terror of potential disasters with "under the car thingies".

    Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails