April 15, 2009

A Teensy Preview

This weekend, we head out of town for Sleeping Beauty's first official dance competition. Not only does this afford us the opportunity to use a lot of gas and find a McDonalds to eat at in a strange town, it lets us spend one whole Saturday immersed in dance. King can barely contain his excitement.

We had a formal meeting at the dance studio to make sure everyone was competition ready. The mom in charge looked directly at me when she said, "There will be one mom per group that is the inspector. If they tell you to put more make-up on your child, don't take it personally. They just need to be uniform on stage." I know this comment was especially for me because my ten-year-old was the only one at dress rehearsal that did not look like a drag queen.

Despite the overdone make-up, the girls did look mighty cute on stage. Here's a teensy preview of the dance. It could have been the whole dance had I remembered to take the pictures off of the camera before dress rehearsal. But, I didn't. And, you'll have to excuse the poor quality of the video. It was on my little digital camera, and I was a ways away. The dance director sort of frowned on people standing on stage to video tape their girls. She's kind of bossy that way.
(Sleeping Beauty is third from the left.)

5 comments:

  1. OK, Maybe I'm just a bit biassed, but I think she should have been front and center! WHat a doll. Have fun Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping Beauty looks great. Enjoy the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kristie! She rocked out there! Such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/18/2009

    Wow...look at those red shoes!! I bet someone worked REALLY HARD on those :) Good luck on your new adventure this weekend!

    Love ya,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is great! And good for you for not coating it on so thick simply for a rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails